A space for culture, food, & life in miami.
NOW THIS IS A STORY ALL ABOUT HOW...
Growing up, I've always been a social butterfly and lover of life. I thrive off of doing something new, a good vibe, music and crowd. Miami is certainly the perfect place for all of the above.
It's not easy being a woman navigating the professional world, family, friendships, romantic relationships in Miami. Sometimes you feel like what the hell am I doing?! Like, is there a guide to this? Like, a Google search? Something. Geez. Other times, you feel like Billy bad ass thinking you have everything under control. I've come to learn that everything is a matter of perspective and navigating through this messy, but exhilarating city is all about how you handle the twists and turns.
So, I said to myself, "Self, why not create a space where folks in Miami can seek and find inspiration, motivation, cultural enlightenment, career resources and more?!" And then I did the thing.
To be clear, I don’t have all the answers, nor do I have it “all together”. I mean no one really does, besides Beyonce.
- I am a Christian; God is good all the time & all the time (you know the rest) *praise stomp*
- I love Cheez-Its (regular, extra toasty, white cheddar) #nomnomnom
- I'm an American born girl with West Indian parents (S/O to Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago!).
- I live for oxtail with rice and peas (see fact above).
- I love curry and I have no bias so I don't take part in the "Which is better? Jamaican, Trinidadian or Thai curry?" debate. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
- I attended elementary, middle, high school and college all in Miami.
- I've traveled to over 75% of the United States. I'm missing Kansas, South Dakota and a few other places.
- My favorite book is Angela's Ashes.
- But Harry Potter (books 3,6,7,1,4,5,2 - in that order) is also LIFE.
- My favorite movie is "The Little Mermaid"; Ariel is me and I am her.
- I have an obsession with Prince/The Artist Formally Known As/ The Artist Formally Known As The Artist Formally Known As Prince. Like, the world hasn't been the same since he died, to be honest.
- I LOVE music... any kind of music. *shimmies*
- I love to dance to anything. Catch me at Bougie's on any given Ladies Night.
- I'm fluent in Spanglish and I use Spanish words completely out of context because I love how they sound (entonces, tambien, ya tu sabe, etc.)